Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Grand Mysore Palace

An effort to capture Mysore palace differently!


Crystal art







The grand illumination





A close up of an illuminated balcony


Goddess on one of the temples in the palace


A close up of a balcony


(Abstract shot) Couldn't resist capturing this wondeful electric blue shaded clouds with sun like lamp in the foreground :)


( Abstract shot) Beautiful lamp posts around the palace.


(Abstract shot) Loved the moon illusion the lamp created while composing this pic.



Another abstract shot


The main entrance






More than a lakh of such bulbs are used in lighting up the whole palace.

It was wonderful to visit Mysore Palace after a very long time. I guess the last time I visited was when I was 6 yrs old or so. With camera in my hands, it was a great pleasure to explore the beautiful architecture decked up with sparkling lights. I have seen many outstanding pictures of the palace. Since many people have already made such pics, I got motivated in trying out different compositions and effects. Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did while shooting them :)

As Dusshera is just around the corner, I would like to wish you all a very happy festival.

Cheers,
Netra

6 comments:

Sunayana said...

wow... mesmerizing.. beautiful... simply beautiful... and specially the shot "abstract shot of the lamp" is too good..
loved all the pics, long time to wait to see your shots, i think the wait is worth it.. :) good work kano...

Frieda said...

That looks amazing... what a beautiful palace! I enjoyed exploring it through your pictures :)

Netra said...

Thank you Frieda.

Priya said...

Loved the treatment.. very different from pics of the palace that I've seen so far!
Pic with electric blue sky is awesome.

Netra said...

thank u @Sunayana; Thanks @Priya! :)

Anonymous said...

Really Tough to capture during Night Vision, but the whole Palace has come lively with ur camera works...!! Just can't express ..!!

Out of the blue! Rocket launch seen from Bangalore!

On 14th Feb 2022 early morning while out on regular walk, I spotted a mysterious object in the sky at 6:04:44 AM. The object was moving towa...