Friday, October 3, 2008

Bubble Trouble! :)





































oops missed it!








Lately, I've got a fascination for photographing refraction through tiny water droplets. However, with the basic lens 18-55mm that I have, I can hardly focus on water drop, forget the detail in it :(
Today, I got an idea of trying out soap water bubbles. I started recalling my childhood days how I used to make such bubbles. I made a small bottle of shower gel and water. Then started looking for a straw. I couldn't find any :( Then I took an ear bud ;) took off the cotton from both the ends and started my experiment. The bubbles were nice and colorful, however I felt the size of the bubbles could be increased. I started looking for a bigger stuff for making better bubbles. Then I saw an old face wash tube, quite big in size. I cut the tube on one end and gave a try. It was amazing..!! :)
The next problem was, I was the only person for my experiment. I had to blow and shoot simultaneously. The bubble would disappear very quickly even before I could focus my cam on it. Next idea was to place the tube and then blow the bubble on an object. This worked too. This is how I could place the bubbles on the doggie and get some nice shots ;)
Later, I had an hour of fun.. :D This experiment made me creative with a lot of new ideas. Will try them out sometime! :)
Hope you too have fun watching the pics :)



10 comments:

Sekhar said...

Yeah.. its trouble to capture bubbles with a camera. But you did it too well I must say. Neat, clear shots :)

pts said...

very interesting!

Tanu said...

mast mast
mza aa gaya photos dekh kar aur kahani padh kar
and m sure tumhe bhi bahut maza aaya khel kar aur photography kar ke :)

apne blog invites mujhe bhejte rehna, once m gone :)

Wanda said...

Oh my goodness, these are magnificent photo.....

I love them all.

Unknown said...

toooo goood kano :). verrrrrry creative n nice

alok said...

Sahi hai, nice pics in the end ... waiting for your next set of experiment :)

Art and Poetry said...

Nice photos very original! I also like the dog.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Some of these are more priceless than the others. I can think of a whole lot of places to put one and photograph it. On the end of your finger or your nose. Let somebody else do it and take the picture. Looking forward to more of these.

Netra said...

Dear Friends,

Thank you all for your sweet comments :)

Lots of love,
Netra

monsoon dreams said...

creative girl,congrats!!

Out of the blue! Rocket launch seen from Bangalore!

On 14th Feb 2022 early morning while out on regular walk, I spotted a mysterious object in the sky at 6:04:44 AM. The object was moving towa...